Educators value the success of all students. Educators care for students and act in their best interests.

How I met standard 1 during my 490 practicum:

Each morning I would greet the students as they came into the room, acknowledging them by name to make them feel welsome. Throughout the day I would check in with each student to see how they were doing or how their weekend was. Developing a relationship with each student was very important for me.

While developing my lessons I took the learning needs of each student into consideration. I made sure to meet students where they were at in their learning, giving the students who needed a challenge more difficult work and students who needed more help more one-on-one attention.

During the recycled magazine silhouette tree art lesson that I taught, students were encouraged to chose which colours they wanted to use based on their own preference and which tree style they wanted. Students needed to look through magazines to find the colours they wanted then cut them into strips. The size of the strips was up to the students. For those having a hard time finding certain colours in the magazines, I helped them. The final products looked amazing. It was great to see their personalities come through in their artwork.